CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Dear Cahaba Valley Surgical Group Patients,
We are writing to provide you with an update on the Coronavirus and Cahaba Valley Surgical Group’s efforts to guarantee we remain a comfortable, safe, and healthy environment for our patients and staff.
As a medical facility, CVSG already has a number of these measures in place. We thoroughly sanitize all exam rooms after each patient by wiping down all chairs, countertops, and door handles with medical-grade germicidal disposable cloths. We wipe down all common areas and touchpoints throughout the day with disinfecting wipes. All CVSG employees wash their hands before and after seeing each patient, and we highly recommend frequent handwashing for yourself as well.
Shelby Baptist Medical Center is also taking extra precautions, which you can read here.
For overall health in cold and influenza season, the CDC recommends that individuals receive the influenza vaccination and engage in every day, preventive measures to avoid the spread of germs and illness such as:
• Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
• Avoid touching eyes, mouth, and nose with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick. The CDC recommends that individuals remain home for at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever or signs of a fever (i.e., chills, feeling warm, flushed appearance).
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately discard the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Take any anti-viral medication prescribed to you as instructed.
Additional information for the U.S. is available on the CDC website.
Based on all this information, we assure you that we are maintaining the cleanliness of our office and following the CDC’s recommendations. We are honored to have you as a patient and appreciate your efforts in helping keep our community healthy for all.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.
Rex A. Sherer, M.D., Tim L. Christopher, M.D., William C. Braswell, M.D.